Be the change in America.
November 8, 2016, was not only a day of reckoning here in America, but it was the day most of us realized that we can, and must, become more effectively engaged with the politics of our democracy. The alternative was unthinkable and, unfortunately, the alternative was now the president.
Thus far, we have witnessed an administration with an agenda rooted in racism, authoritarianism and corruption. An odious agenda which most Americans find unquestionably deplorable.
Certainly, it is not a reflection of the foundation of values upon which our country was built, nor is it a reflection of how we were raised.
We are witnessing:
- the erosion of our human rights
- the assault on our free press
- the mass deportation of immigrants
- the usurpation of both our legislative and judicial branches
- the abuse of the presidency with conflicts of interest as never seen before
- the debasement of the office of the president rife with nepotistic, inexperienced and corrupt appointments, some having clandestine ties to Russia or other thug-run countries
- the decimation of our government and its protective agencies
- the looting of our treasury by its redistribution to billionaires and corporations at the expense of the middle class and the poor
- the concerted attack to repeal the Affordable Care Act, thereby causing over 24 million Americans to lose their health insurance coverage
- the escalation of conflicts in the Middle East and Afghanistan
- and the list goes on.
We must do all that we can to resist the Trump agenda. To this end, each Hive member follows the Indivisible Guide as our action plan to thwart the attack on our and our families’ freedoms granted to us by our Constitution. This national action plan involves a simple measure all of us can complete in a few minutes each day: make calls and leave a unified message at our Member of Congress’ office. It is simple to do and has a major impact as to which direction our country is headed. For details and how you can join our email list to be updated on our daily call topic, visit our sister site, IndivisibleRI.com.