Each Hive is an informal, inclusive progressive group of like-minded individuals who seek to be the change in state and local matters of concern to their families and themselves.
You don’t have to be a legislative expert or a policy whiz to actively participate in any of our Hives. Just show up and be part of the discussion.
We are focused on making our state (and our local communities) a better place to live, work, be schooled and play. Help us reach a common ground by planning actions to achieve this.
The typical meeting agenda:
- Progress report of state issues and their corresponding bill status in Assembly
- Review of legislator current positions on legislation for Hive’s members’ Reps/Senators
- Action Plan: Low Attention Grabbers (3rd week of month) – Draft messages to use in email, phone, postcard (ask for vote/oppose, ask for co-sponsorship, or thank you for sponsoring)
- Action Plan: High Attention Grabber (4th week of month) – State house visit, invitation to hives
- Other state issues of concern for next Hive meeting
June IndivisibleRI Hives Meetings:
June 10, Saturday 3PM*, Greater Providence Hives
Meeting Location: Rochambeau Library, 708 Hope St, Providence
June 13, Tuesday, 7PM*, Warwick, East Greenwich & Coventy Hives
Meeting Location: Westminster Unitarian Church (Smith Hall), 119 Kenyon Ave., East Greenwich
June 13, Tuesday, 7PM*, South County Hives
Meeting Location: Unitarian Universalist Church, 27 North Road, Wakefield/Peacedale
June 15, Thursday, 7PM*, Cranston
Meeting Location: Corner Bakery Cafe, (Conference Room), Garden City/140 Hillside Rd., Cranston
*If you have never attended an IndivisibleHive briefing before, please arrive by 6:45PM for a short presentation.
Local Hives Available Soon: Coventry, East Greenwich, Providence, Westerly and Woonsocket.